At Astra Furniture, our goods come with comprehensive guarantees against material defects and workmanship.
Astra Furniture warrants each item of furniture against defects in materials and workmanship (other than fabrics, leather and cushion fillings) for a period of five (5) years from the date of purchase. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The benefits of this warranty are in addition to any rights and remedies imposed by Australian State and Federal legislation that cannot be excluded. Nothing in this warranty is to be interpreted as excluding, restricting or modifying any State or Federal legislation applicable to the supply of goods and services which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified.
Warranty, Terms & Conditions
- This warranty is not transferable, it shall apply only to the original purchaser from an authorized Astra Furniture seller. A consumer who wants to make a claim about a faulty product will need to show that they obtained the product from an authorised Astra Furniture seller. Gift recipients are entitled to the same rights as consumers who bought the goods directly.
- Astra Furniture reserves its right to choose whether to repair or replace any piece of furniture in relation to which a valid claim under this warranty is made. If the fault is minor, Astra Furniture may choose to give you a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. Should there be a major fault with the product, the purchaser has the right to ask for a choice of a replacement, repair or refund.
- If inspection and testing finds no fault, the purchaser must pay Astra Furniture’s usual costs of service work, evaluation and testing.
- Astra Furniture reserves the right to replace defective parts of the product with parts and components of similar quality, grade and composition where an identical part or component is not available.
- Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the product.
- Astra Furniture is responsible for transit damage that occurs while freight is Astra Furniture’s responsibility. Otherwise risk passes to the purchaser once the product leaves the factory.
- It is the responsibility of the purchaser to ensure the product is delivered in good order, if an item arrives damaged this must be claimed within 2 weekdays of receipt.
- Freight costs for warranty claims will be borne by the purchaser from the nominated point of delivery. Astra Furniture will only be responsible for return freight from the original delivery point.
- Astra Furniture will not accept any attempts to extend warranty terms.
- Astra Furniture’s responsibilities are not changed by receipt of products which say that “goods are subject to checking”.
- Claims for damaged products will not be accepted if documentary evidence shows that the purchaser or their agents received the products in good order and condition.
- This warranty does not apply if:
- The product has not been cleaned, cared for and maintained, cleaned in accordance with Astra Furniture’s instructions or recommendations, including surface treatments including but not limited to waxing or polishing finishes causing alteration in surface.
- The product has been subjected to abuse, improperly treated, neglected, or misused.
- The product has been exposed to the elements by outdoor use.
- Repairs, maintenance or service have been done by an unauthorized person.
- Any defects resulting from cooking utensils or containers heated in an oven or other mode of heating, being placed on the surface of the product.
- This warranty does not extend to nicks, scratches and wrinkles occurring in leather.
- A minimum service call charge of $90.00 will apply where Astra Furniture is requested to attend to works or repairs that are not covered by this warranty.
- Astra Furniture makes no express warranties or representations other than set out in this warranty.
- The repair or replacement of the product or part of the product is the absolute limit of Astra Furniture’s liability under this warranty.
- Compensation for consequential loss can be claimed when Astra Furniture failed to meet one or more of the guarantees. Compensation should put the purchaser in the position they would have been in if the goods or services had met the guarantees.
- In the event of a dispute regarding warranty, the matter will be adjudicated by a recognised industry conciliator/mediator. A list of approved industry conciliators/mediators is available from the State Offices of the Furnishing Industry Association of Australia (FIAA).
SPECIFIC EXCLUSIONS – TIMBER FURNITURE
- The following specific warranties and product specific issues relate to timber furniture. The natural features of timber result in finished products that display variation and individual characteristics. These characteristics include knots, wavy irregular grain patterns, gum veins and non directional grain, which should not be mistaken for faults. Your timber furniture may also change in colour and character over a period of time.
- Specific requests that impact on manufacture limit Astra Furniture’s ability to minimize variation and in cases such as the request for unsealed product, it may even result in surface checking, warping, staining and other such problems. Where possible Astra Furniture will explain the situation to the purchaser at the time of order placement.
- Product ordered raw – Warranty claims relating to products specifically ordered to be supplied in raw unpolished finish will be limited to manufacturing or material faults which do not relate to the raw finish. Surface checking, warping staining and other problems directly related to the supply of product in raw form will not be covered by warranty.
- Colour consistency – Due to the natural variations and characteristics of the material Astra Furniture cannot guarantee total uniformity of colour within any one piece of furniture, especially those products made of leather, timbers and stones.
- Colour matching – Astra Furniture cannot guarantee colour matching with products.
- Variations – Astra Furniture cannot guarantee structural quality when variations are made to the standard product.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE
If you wish to make a claim initial contact should be made with the Retailer from whom the product was purchased, within seven (7) days of the fault becoming apparent.
- You must provide proof of purchase to register a claim.
- The retailer will make a qualifying investigation. You must provide the following to the retailer:
- A copy of the proof of purchase.
- If at all possible – supply photos showing the issue claimed – preferably in electronic form for transmission to the supplier. While not mandatory this will speed the processing of your claim considerably.
- Clearly state the grounds for the claim and describe any relevant circumstances.
- An assurance that the product has not been damaged, exposed to the elements, negligently treated or misused.
- A form detailing the claim must be filled out and lodged with your place of purchase (please contact Astra Furniture or your place of purchase for this form).
- The retailer will submit the claim in writing to Astra Furniture who will handle the claim. You will be contacted by a representative of Astra Furniture, who will respond to claims in a timely manner.
- You may be required to make the product available for inspection Mon – Fri between 9am and 5pm at a location specified by Astra Furniture, this may be your house or the retailer’s showroom.
- The product may only be returned to Astra furniture after written approval by an authorized officer of Astra Furniture.
- Should it be necessary to return the furniture for repair, all transportation charges shall be paid by the purchaser, unless Astra Furniture determines in writing to the contrary.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR ASTRA FURNITURE PRODUCT
- Dust surfaces with a gentle cloth or feather duster, then wipe with a slightly damp cloth.
- Do not allow liquids to remain in contact with the lacquered surface for extended periods.
- Do not use silicone based polish or cleaner at any time. Do not allow solvents, abrasives or heated objects to come into contact with the lacquered surface.
- Do not expose your furniture to direct sunlight, this will cause colour fading to fabrics, leather and timber. Damage of this nature is not covered under this warranty.